Creation of “Enterprise Development Fund” – The CCITD anticipates developing a revolving fund to support the entrepreneurs who are unable to obtain financial assistance through banks due to valid reasons. Such entrepreneurs will be offered financial support with low interest through this fund. The procedure for disbursement of this fund will be drafted later. The fund will be established with the contribution from The Asia Foundation (TAF) and the business chamber. CCITD will support the members of the Women’s Wing of CCITD to access this fund and always will maintain about 50% beneficiaries as women.
The main objective of the proposed initiative by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Trincomalee District (CCITD) is to support the entrepreneurs in the region to access finance in order to start or expand their businesses. Some of the other objectives on this initiative are,
- Support and promote opportunities for development of local enterprises
- Strengthen the capacity of the business association to serve the members
- Increase membership of the business association
- Increase employment opportunities at the local level
- Strengthen network among the business community
Summary of Project Concept
- What specific concerns will the project focus on?
- Facilitate and assist to the entrepreneurs to solve the basic issues in the business and support them to survive in the business environment.
- Provide small scale start up loans to existing and new entrepreneurs to develop their business.
- What major interventions will be initiated to address these concerns?
- CCITD intervenes to encourage the entrepreneurs to successfully start and expand their businesses
- CCITD support the entrepreneurs to access finance
- Business Development Services will be provided for the business community with the support of state and non state service providers.
Application can be obtain from Chamber office or email us your request